Execute commands in a chroot environment
schroot allows users to execute commands or interactive shells in different chroots. Any number of named chroots may be created, and access permissions given to each, including root access for normal users, on a per-user or per-group basis. Additionally, schroot can switch to a different user in the chroot, using PAM for authentication and authorisation. All operations are logged for security.
Several different types of chroot are supported, including normal directories in the filesystem, and also block devices. Sessions, persistent chroots created on the fly from files (tar with optional compression) and Btrfs and LVM snapshots are also supported.
schroot supports kernel personalities, allowing the programs run inside the chroot to have a different personality. For example, running 32-bit chroots on 64-bit systems, or even running binaries from alternative operating systems such as SVR4 or Xenix.
schroot also integrates with sbuild, to allow building packages with all supported chroot types, including session-managed chroot types such as Btrfs and LVM snapshots.
schroot shares most of its options with dchroot, but offers vastly more functionality.
其他與 schroot 有關的套件
- dep: libboost-filesystem1.49.0 (>= 1.49.0-1)
- filesystem operations (portable paths, iteration over directories, etc) in C++
- dep: libboost-iostreams1.49.0 (>= 1.49.0-1)
- Boost.Iostreams Library
- dep: libboost-program-options1.49.0 (>= 1.49.0-1)
- program options library for C++
- dep: libboost-regex1.49.0 (>= 1.49.0-1)
- regular expression library for C++
- dep: libboost-system1.49.0 (>= 1.49.0-1)
- Operating system (e.g. diagnostics support) library
- dep: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1)
- GCC 支援函式庫
- dep: liblockdev1
- Run-time shared library for locking devices
- dep: libpam0g (>= 0.99.7.1)
- Pluggable Authentication Modules library
- dep: libstdc++6 (>= 4.6)
- GNU Standard C++ Library v3
- dep: schroot-common (= 1.6.4-4)
- common files for schroot
- sug: aufs-modules
- 或者 unionfs-modules
- sug: btrfs-tools
- Checksumming Copy on Write Filesystem utilities
- sug: debootstrap
- Bootstrap a basic Debian system
- sug: lvm2
- Linux Logical Volume Manager
- sug: qemu-user-static
- QEMU user mode emulation binaries (static version)
- enh: sbuild
- Tool for building Debian binary packages from Debian sources