Package: gnupg (1.4.12-7+deb7u7) [security]
Links for gnupg
Download Source Package gnupg:
- Debian GnuPG-Maintainers (QA Page, Mail Archive)
- Sune Vuorela (QA Page)
- Daniel Leidert (QA Page)
- Thijs Kinkhorst (QA Page)
- Homepage [www.gnupg.org]
GNU privacy guard - a free PGP replacement
GnuPG is GNU's tool for secure communication and data storage. It can be used to encrypt data and to create digital signatures. It includes an advanced key management facility and is compliant with the proposed OpenPGP Internet standard as described in RFC 4880.
GnuPG 1.4 is the standalone, non-modularized series. In contrast to the version 2 series, shipped with the gnupg2 package, it comes with no support for S/MIME and some other tools useful for desktop environments, but also with less dependencies.
The gnupg package is built without libcurl. So it does not support HKPS keyservers. Install the gnupg-curl package if you want to use the keyserver helper tools built with libcurl and supporting HKPS.
GnuPG does not use any patented algorithms. This means it cannot be compatible with PGP2, because that uses IDEA (which is patented in a number of countries).
Other Packages Related to gnupg
- dep: gpgv
- GNU 隱私守衛 - 數位簽章驗證工具
- dep: libbz2-1.0
- 高品質的區塊排序檔案壓縮函式庫 - 執行時期
- dep: libreadline6 (>= 6.0)
- GNU readline 與 history 函式庫，執行時期函式庫
- dep: libusb-0.1-4 (>= 2:0.1.12)
- 使用者空間 USB 程式設計函式庫
- dep: zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4)
- 壓縮函式庫 - 跑程式時用(runtime)
- rec: gnupg-curl
- GNU privacy guard - a free PGP replacement (cURL)
- rec: libldap-2.4-2 (>= 2.4.7)
- OpenLDAP 函式庫
- sug: gnupg-doc
- GNU Privacy Guard documentation
- sug: libpcsclite1
- Middleware to access a smart card using PC/SC (library)