- Debian Multimedia Maintainers (QA 頁面, 郵件存檔)
- Loic Minier (QA 頁面)
- Sam Hocevar (Debian packages) (QA 頁面)
- 主頁 [libmpeg2.sourceforge.net]
MPEG1 and MPEG2 video decoder library
libmpeg2 is a library which can decode MPEG1 and MPEG2 video streams.
The main features in libmpeg2 are:
* Conformance - libmpeg2 is able to decode all mpeg streams that conform to certain restrictions. For streams that follow these restrictions, libmpeg2 is probably 100% conformant to the mpeg standards - and there's a pretty extensive test suite to check this.
* Speed - there has been huge efforts there, and libmpeg2 is probably the fastest library around for what it does.
* Portability - most of the code is written in C, and when platform-specific optimizations are used, there always is a generic C routine to fall back on. This should be portable to all architectures - at least it is known people run this code on x86, ppc, sparc, arm and sh4.
* Reuseability - libmpeg2 is not intended to include any project-specific code, but it should still include enough features to be used by very diverse projects.
This package contains the libmpeg2 shared libraries.