Package: angband (1:3.1.2v2-2)
Links for angband
Download Source Package angband:
A single-player, text-based, dungeon simulation game.
Angband is a single-player, text-based, dungeon simulation derived from the game Moria, which was in turn based on Rogue. It is often described as a "roguelike" game because the look and feel of the game is still quite similar to Rogue.
Angband features many enhancements over Moria: unique foes, artifacts, monster pits and vaults to name a few. Many of these new creatures and objects are drawn from the writings of J.R.R Tolkien, although some of the monsters come straight from classical mythology, Dungeons & Dragons, Rolemaster, or the minds of the original Angband coders.
The ultimate goal of the game is to develop a character strong enough to defeat Morgoth, who resides on dungeon level 100. Upon doing so, you will receive the exalted status of "winner" and your character may retire.
Angband is a reference to Morgoth's "prison of iron."
Morgoth was 'the Dark Enemy of Middle-Earth' during its First Age. He was banished by the Valar (offspring of Eru, "god" of J.R.R. Tolkien's world) at the end of the First Age and thus never appears in The Lord of the Rings, set during the Third Age. Sauron, who does figure into those tales, was the most powerful of his servants. Read Tolkien's 'The Silmarillion' for more on the legends of Middle-Earth.
Other Packages Related to angband
- dep: libatk1.0-0 (>= 1.29.3)
- The ATK accessibility toolkit
- dep: libcairo2 (>= 1.4.10)
- The Cairo 2D vector graphics library
- dep: libfontconfig1 (>= 2.8.0)
- generic font configuration library - runtime
- dep: libfreetype6 (>= 2.2.1)
- FreeType 2 font engine, shared library files
- dep: libglade2-0 (>= 1:2.6.1)
- library to load .glade files at runtime
- dep: libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.16.0)
- The GLib library of C routines
- dep: libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.8.0)
- The GTK+ graphical user interface library
- dep: libice6 (>= 1:1.0.0)
- X11 Inter-Client Exchange library
- dep: libncurses5 (>= 5.7+20100313)
- shared libraries for terminal handling
- dep: libpango1.0-0 (>= 1.14.0)
- Layout and rendering of internationalized text
- dep: libsdl-image1.2 (>= 1.2.10)
- image loading library for Simple DirectMedia Layer 1.2
- dep: libsdl-mixer1.2 (>= 1.2.6)
- mixer library for Simple DirectMedia Layer 1.2
- dep: libsdl-ttf2.0-0
- ttf library for Simple DirectMedia Layer with FreeType 2 support
- dep: libsdl1.2debian (>= 1.2.10-1)
- Simple DirectMedia Layer
- dep: libsm6
- X11 Session Management library
- dep: libx11-6 (>= 0)
- X11 client-side library
- dep: libxml2 (>= 2.6.27)
- GNOME XML library
- rec: xfonts-base
- standard fonts for X