Package: cron (3.0pl1-116)
Links for cron
Download Source Package cron:
- Homepage [ftp.isc.org]
process scheduling daemon
The cron daemon is a background process that runs particular programs at particular times (for example, every minute, day, week, or month), as specified in a crontab. By default, users may also create crontabs of their own so that processes are run on their behalf.
Output from the commands is usually mailed to the system administrator (or to the user in question); you should probably install a mail system as well so that you can receive these messages.
This cron package is configured by default to do some basic daily system maintenance tasks, such as creating backups of key system files. Other packages, such as checksecurity, can provide further maintenance tasks.
The lockfile-progs package is recommended as it will prevent /etc/cron.daily/standard from running multiple times if something gets jammed.
Packages providing cron
- Bruce's cron system
Other Packages Related to cron
- dep: dpkg (>= 184.108.40.206)
- Debian 套件管理系統
- dep: adduser
- add and remove users and groups
- dep: debianutils (>= 1.7)
- Miscellaneous utilities specific to Debian
- dep: libpam-runtime (>= 1.0.1-11)
- dep: libpam0g (>= 0.99.7.1)
- dep: libselinux1 (>= 1.32)
- SELinux runtime shared libraries
- dep: lsb-base (>= 3.0-10)
- Linux Standard Base 3.2 init script functionality
- rec: exim4
- metapackage to ease Exim MTA (v4) installation
- or postfix
- High-performance mail transport agent
- or mail-transport-agent
- virtual package provided by citadel-mta, courier-mta, dma, esmtp-run, exim4-daemon-heavy, exim4-daemon-light, masqmail, msmtp-mta, nullmailer, postfix, sendmail-bin, ssmtp, xmail
- rec: lockfile-progs
- Programs for locking and unlocking files and mailboxes