- 主頁 [www.openprinting.org]
OpenPrinting printer support - Compressed PPDs derived from the database
Foomatic is a printing system designed to make it easier to set up common printers for use with Debian (and other operating systems). It provides the "glue" between a print spooler (like CUPS or lpr) and your actual printer, by telling your computer how to process files sent to the printer.
This package contains all PPD files which can be generated from the Foomatic database as one small compressed archive. This reduces the disk space consumption compared to the Foomatic XML database vastly and in addition makes listing of all available PPDs and extracting the needed PPD much faster than using the Foomatic XML database.
其他與 foomatic-db-compressed-ppds 有關的套件
- dep: python3
- interactive high-level object-oriented language (default python3 version)
- dep: xz-utils
- XZ-format compression utilities
- rec: cups
- Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - PPD/driver support, web interface
- rec: cups-client
- Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - client programs (SysV)
- rec: ghostscript
- interpreter for the PostScript language and for PDF