- 主頁 [git.debian.org]
caching proxy server for Debian archive files
Approx is an HTTP-based proxy server for Debian-style package archives. It fetches files from remote repositories on demand, and caches them for local use.
Approx saves time and network bandwidth if you need to install or upgrade .deb packages for a number of machines on a local network. Each package is downloaded from a remote site only once, regardless of how many local clients install it. The approx cache typically requires a few gigabytes of disk space.
Approx also simplifies the administration of client machines: repository locations need only be changed in approx's configuration file, not in every client's /etc/apt/sources.list file.
Approx can be used as a replacement for apt-proxy, with no need to modify clients' /etc/apt/sources.list files, or as an alternative to apt-cacher.
其他與 approx 有關的套件
- dep: adduser
- dep: bzip2
- high-quality block-sorting file compressor - utilities
- dep: curl
- command line tool for transferring data with URL syntax
- dep: libpcre3
- Old Perl 5 Compatible Regular Expression Library - runtime files
- dep: xz-utils
- XZ-format compression utilities
- sug: libconfig-model-approx-perl
- Approx proxy server configuration editor