inkjet server - Ghostscript driver for Gutenprint
This package contains the ijsgutenprint binary which provides Ghostscript with a Gutenprint driver, including all printers supported by Gutenprint. ijsgutenprint is an IJS server (driver), which communicates with Ghostscript (an IJS client) using the IJS (InkJet Server) communications protocol. IJS is a method for separating ghostscript drivers from ghostscript, to allow ghostscript to be more extensible.
If you wish to print using Ghostscript and the Gutenprint drivers, install this package. This is typical for LPRng setups. If you are using CUPS, printer-driver-gutenprint is a better choice, but this package will still work with the appropriate foomatic setup if you wish to make use of foomatic.
Gutenprint is the print facility for the GIMP, and in addition a suite of drivers that may be used with common UNIX spooling systems using GhostScript or CUPS. These drivers provide printing quality for UNIX/Linux on a par with proprietary vendor-supplied drivers in many cases, and can be used for many of the most demanding printing tasks. Gutenprint was formerly known as Gimp-Print.
其他与 ijsgutenprint 有关的软件包
- dep: ghostscript (>= 8.61)
- interpreter for the PostScript language and for PDF
- dep: libgutenprint2 (>= 5.2.9)
- runtime for the Gutenprint printer driver library
- dep: libijs-0.35 (>= 0.35)
- IJS raster image transport protocol: shared library
- rec: foomatic-db-gutenprint
- OpenPrinting printer support - database for Gutenprint printer drivers