Package: ion (3.0.1~dfsg1-1)
Links for ion
Download Source Package ion:
- Homepage [ion.ocp.ohiou.edu]
NASA implementation of Delay-Tolerant Networking (DTN)
Interplanetary Overlay Network (ION) software distribution is an implementation of Delay-Tolerant Networking (DTN) architecture as described in Internet RFC 4838.
This is a suite of communication protocol implementations designed to support mission operation communications across an end-to-end interplanetary network, which might include on-board (flight) subnets, in-situ planetary or lunar networks, proximity links, deep space links, and terrestrial internets.
Included in the ION software distribution are the following packages:
* ici (interplanetary communication infrastructure) a set of libraries that provide flight-software-compatible support for functions on which the other packages rely * bp (bundle protocol), an implementation of the Delay-Tolerant Networking (DTN) architecture's Bundle Protocol. * dgr (datagram retransmission), a UDP reliability system that implements congestion control and is designed for relatively high performance. * ltp (licklider transmission protocol), a DTN convergence layer for reliable transmission over links characterized by long or highly variable delay. * ams - an implementation of the CCSDS Asynchronous Message Service. * cfdp - a class-1 (Unacknowledged) implementation of the CCSDS File Delivery Protocol. . This package contains the binary files.
Other Packages Related to ion
- dep: libexpat1 (>= 2.0.1)
- XML parsing C library - runtime library
- dep: libion0 (= 3.0.1~dfsg1-1)
- NASA implementation of Delay-Tolerant Networking (DTN) - main libraries
- sug: ion-doc
- Interplanetary Overlay Network - examples and documentation