Package: mpop (1.0.27-1)
Links for mpop
Download Source Package mpop:
- Homepage [mpop.sourceforge.net]
POP3 mail retriever
mpop is a fast and simple fetchmail replacement to retrieve mail from POP3 servers. Its main features are header based mail filtering, multiple authentication methods, TLS encrypted connections or delivery.
There are a few things mpop can do that fetchmail can't or that it does better:
- mpop never ever tries to parse mail information except for the envelope-from address, which is the bare minimum that it has to do. - mpop never ever alters mail messages except for adding a "Received" header, which is the bare minimum that it has to do. - mpop uses several techniques (including pipelining) to reduce the POP3 protocol overhead. It is therefore much faster than fetchmail. - By default, mpop stores the mail UIDs (unique ids) in one file per account. You can poll different mail accounts in parallel. - The progress output is nicer ;-) - You can pipe the headers of a mail through a filter that decides if the mail should be downloaded, skipped, or deleted. This allows one to delete junk mail from a POP3 server without downloading the entire message. - mpop can deliver mails directly to mbox and maildir mail folders.
This package is compiled with GSASL and TLS/SSL support.
Other Packages Related to mpop
- dep: libgnutls26 (>= 2.12.17-0)
- GNU TLS library - runtime library
- dep: libgsasl7 (>= 1.1)
- GNU SASL library
- dep: libidn11 (>= 1.13)
- GNU Libidn library, implementation of IETF IDN specifications