Package: nast (0.2.0-5)
Links for nast
Download Source Package nast:
- Homepage [nast.berlios.de]
packet sniffer and lan analyzer
Can sniff in normal mode or in promiscuous mode the packets on a network interface and log it. It dumps the headers of packets and the payload in ascii or ascii-hex format. You can apply a filter. The sniffed data can be saved in a separated file.
As analyzer tool, it has many features like:
* Build LAN hosts list * Follow a TCP-DATA stream * Find LAN internet gateways * Discover promiscuous nodes * Reset an established connection * Perform a single half-open portscanner * Perform a multi half-open portscanner * Find link type (hub or switch) * Catch daemon banner of LAN nodes * Control arp answers to discover possible arp-spoofings * Byte counting with an optional filter * Write reports logging
It also provides a ncurses menu.
Other Packages Related to nast
- dep: libncurses5 (>= 5.6+20071006-3)
- dep: libnet1 (>= 126.96.36.199)
- library for the construction and handling of network packets
- dep: libpcap0.8 (>= 0.9.3-1)
- system interface for user-level packet capture