Package: popularity-contest (1.56)
Links for popularity-contest
Download Source Package popularity-contest:
- Popularity Contest Developers (QA Page, Mail Archive)
- Petter Reinholdtsen (QA Page)
- Bill Allombert (QA Page)
- Homepage [popcon.debian.org]
Vote for your favourite packages automatically
The popularity-contest package sets up a cron job that will periodically anonymously submit to the Debian developers statistics about the most used Debian packages on this system.
This information helps Debian making decisions such as which packages should go on the first CD. It also lets Debian improve future versions of the distribution so that the most popular packages are the ones which are installed automatically for new users.
Other Packages Related to popularity-contest
- dep: dpkg (>= 1.10)
- Debian package management system
- sug: anacron
- cron-like program that doesn't go by time