Package: r-cran-mapdata (2.2-1-1)
Links for r-cran-mapdata
Download Source Package r-cran-mapdata:
GNU R support for producing geographic maps (supplemental data)
This package provides facilities for easily producing high-resolution maps based on data sets in the GNU R statistical computing environment. It includes high-resolution map data for the entire world, along with maps of China (including provincial boundaries) and a higher-resolution map of New Zealand and a number of nearby Pacific islands.
The suggested r-cran-mapproj package adds facilities for calculating geographic projections, which are used by mapmakers to compensate for the inaccuracies inherent in projecting a spheroid's surface onto a two-dimensional plane.
Other Packages Related to r-cran-mapdata
- dep: r-base-core (>= 2.15.0~20120317-1)
- GNU R core of statistical computation and graphics system
- dep: r-cran-maps (>= 2.1-6-2)
- GNU R support for producing geographic maps
- sug: r-cran-mapproj
- GNU R support for cartographic projections of map data