Package: firebird2.5-classic (188.8.131.52540.ds4-1~deb7u2)
Links for firebird2.5-classic
Download Source Package firebird2.5:
- Homepage [firebirdsql.org]
Firebird Classic Server - an RDBMS based on InterBase 6.0 code
Firebird is a relational database offering many ANSI SQL-99 features that runs on Linux, Windows, and a variety of Unix platforms. Firebird offers excellent concurrency, high performance, and powerful language support for stored procedures and triggers. It has been used on production systems under a variety of names since 1981.
The "classic" architecture uses a new process to handle each connection which results in somewhat slower operation (but is said to be faster than "super" on local connections) yet can take advantage of multiple CPUs on SMP machines. This is the "traditional" architecture.
This package contains the 2.5 branch of Firebird.
Firebird is a commercially independent project of C and C++ programmers, technical advisors and supporters developing and enhancing a multi-platform relational database management system based on the source code released by Inprise Corp (now known as Borland Software Corp) under the InterBase Public License v.1.0 on 25 July, 2000.
Other Packages Related to firebird2.5-classic
- dep: debconf (>= 1.4.69)
- Debian configuration management system
- dep: firebird2.5-classic-common (= 184.108.40.206540.ds4-1~deb7u2)
- common files for firebird 2.5 "classic" and "superclassic"
- dep: firebird2.5-common (= 220.127.116.11540.ds4-1~deb7u2)
- common files for firebird 2.5 servers and clients
- dep: firebird2.5-common-doc (= 18.104.22.168540.ds4-1~deb7u2)
- copyright, licnesing and changelogs of firebird2.5
- dep: firebird2.5-server-common (= 22.214.171.124540.ds4-1~deb7u2)
- common files for firebird 2.5 servers
- dep: libfbembed2.5 (>= 126.96.36.199784~ReleaseCandidate1.ds2)
- Firebird embedded client/server library
- dep: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1)
- GCC support library
- dep: libstdc++6 (>= 4.1.1)
- GNU Standard C++ Library v3
- dep: netbase
- Basic TCP/IP networking system
- rec: libib-util
- Firebird UDF support library
- sug: firebird2.5-doc
- Documentation files for firebird database version 2.5