Package: clamav-base (0.99.2+dfsg-0+deb7u3) [security]
Links for clamav-base
Download Source Package clamav:
- ClamAV Team (QA Page, Mail Archive)
- Stephen Gran (QA Page)
- Michael Meskes (QA Page)
- Michael Tautschnig (QA Page)
- Scott Kitterman (QA Page)
- Sebastian Andrzej Siewior (QA Page)
- Andreas Cadhalpun (QA Page)
- Homepage [www.clamav.net]
anti-virus utility for Unix - base package
Clam AntiVirus is an anti-virus toolkit for Unix. The main purpose of this software is the integration with mail servers (attachment scanning). The package provides a flexible and scalable multi-threaded daemon in the clamav-daemon package, a command-line scanner in the clamav package, and a tool for automatic updating via the Internet in the clamav-freshclam package. The programs are based on libclamav, which can be used by other software.
This package mainly manages the clamav system account. It is not really useful without the clamav or clamav-daemon package.
Other Packages Related to clamav-base
- dep: adduser
- add and remove users and groups
- dep: logrotate
- Log rotation utility
- dep: ucf
- Update Configuration File: preserve user changes to config files.
- rec: clamav
- anti-virus utility for Unix - command-line interface