Package: apt-p2p (0.1.6+nmu1)
Links for apt-p2p
Download Source Package apt-p2p:
- Homepage [www.camrdale.org]
apt helper for peer-to-peer downloads of Debian packages
Apt-P2P is a helper for downloading Debian packages files with APT. It will download any needed files from other Apt-P2P peers in a peer-to-peer manner, and so reduce the strain on the Debian mirrors.
The Apt-P2P daemon runs automatically on startup and listens for requests from APT for files, as well as maintaining membership in a Distributed Hash Table (DHT). For any files which have a hash available (most files), peers that have the file are looked for in the DHT. The file can then be downloaded from them, using the uploading bandwidth of other peers while reducing the demand on the Debian mirror network. However, if a package can not be found on any peers, Apt-P2P will fall back to downloading from a mirror to ensure all packages are downloaded. Once downloaded, the file is hash checked and added to the DHT so that other peers can download it without the mirror.
The configuration is very simple, and only involves prepending 'localhost' and the port to your current sources.list lines (similar to other apt-proxy-like software).
Other Packages Related to apt-p2p
- dep: adduser
- add and remove users and groups
- dep: python
- interactive high-level object-oriented language (default version)
- dep: python-apt (>= 0.7.93)
- Python interface to libapt-pkg
- dep: python-debian (>= 0.1.15)
- Python modules to work with Debian-related data formats
- dep: python-pysqlite2 (>= 2.1)
- Python interface to SQLite 3
- dep: python-support (>= 0.90.0)
- automated rebuilding support for Python modules
- dep: python-twisted-web2 (>= 8.0)
- An HTTP/1.1 Server Framework