Package: foomatic-filters (4.0.17-1+deb7u1)
Links for foomatic-filters
Download Source Package foomatic-filters:
- Homepage [www.openprinting.org]
OpenPrinting printer support - filters
Foomatic is a printer database designed to make it easier to set up common printers for use with UNIX-like operating systems. It provides the "glue" between a print spooler (like CUPS or lpr) and the printer, by processing files sent to the printer.
This package consists of filters used by the printer spoolers to convert the incoming PostScript data into the printer's native format using a printer-specific, but spooler-independent PPD file.
For use with CUPS, you will need both the cups and cups-client packages installed on your system.
Other Packages Related to foomatic-filters
- dep: bash (>= 2.05)
- GNU Bourne Again SHell
- dep: libdbus-1-3 (>= 1.0.2)
- simple interprocess messaging system (library)
- dep: ucf (>= 0.30)
- Update Configuration File: preserve user changes to config files.
- rec: colord
- system service to manage device colour profiles -- system daemon
- rec: foomatic-db-engine (>= 4.0)
- OpenPrinting printer support - programs
- rec: ghostscript
- interpreter for the PostScript language and for PDF
- rec: poppler-utils (>= 0.11.2)
- PDF utilities (based on Poppler)