Package: rest2web (0.5.2~alpha+svn-r248-2.3)
Links for rest2web
Download Source Package rest2web:
web site builder using ReStructured Text as basic content format
rest2web is a simple tool that lets you build your website from a single template (or as many as you want), and keep the contents in ReStructured Text (docutils; you can still keep pages in HTML if needed). The prefix "rest" does not in any way allude to the concept of "representational state transfer."
The tool provides a host of features, for example:
* Automatically builds index pages and navigation links (sidebars and breadcrumbs). * Aids with the translation of the site to other languages. * Embedded code in templates for unlimited expressiveness. * Flexible macro system. * Uses relative links, so sites can be viewed from the filesystem. * Uses unicode internally. * Built-in gallery creator plugin.
Adding new pages is as easy as dropping a text file into the right folder; rest2web builds the new page and adds a link to it in the index (optionally with a description as well). Removing a page is just as easy: delete the file, and when you run rest2web again it removes the entry.
Other Packages Related to rest2web
- dep: python
- interactive high-level object-oriented language (Python2 version)
- dep: python-docutils
- text processing system for reStructuredText (implemented in Python 2)
- sug: rest2web-doc (= 0.5.2~alpha+svn-r248-2.3)
- documentation for rest2web