Package: hibernate (2.0+15+g88d54a8-1)
Links for hibernate
Download Source Package hibernate:
- Homepage [tuxonice.net]
smartly puts your computer to sleep (suspend to RAM or disk)
The hibernate script helps you in putting your computer to sleep, using one of the various methods available in the kernel.
Hibernate can take care of loading and unloading modules, provides various hacks needed to get some video cards to resume properly under X, can optionally restart networking and system services, and basically do whatever else you ask it. It can be extended by writing new "scriptlets" which run at different points during the suspend process.
Currently the script supports all suspend mechanisms available through the /sys/power/state interface (including ACPI suspend and the in-kernel software suspend), as well as TuxOnIce.
Other Packages Related to hibernate
- dep: dpkg (>= 188.8.131.52)
- Debian package management system
- dep: kbd
- Linux console font and keytable utilities
- rec: dash
- POSIX-compliant shell
- rec: hdparm
- tune hard disk parameters for high performance
- rec: uswsusp
- tools to use userspace software suspend provided by Linux
- rec: vbetool
- run real-mode video BIOS code to alter hardware state