Package: console-setup (1.132)
Links for console-setup
Download Source Package console-setup:
- Debian Install System Team (QA Page, Mail Archive)
- Anton Zinoviev (QA Page)
- Christian Perrier (QA Page)
console font and keymap setup program
This package provides the console with the same keyboard configuration scheme as the X Window System. As a result, there is no need to duplicate or change the keyboard files just to make simple customizations such as the use of dead keys, the key functioning as AltGr or Compose key, the key(s) to switch between Latin and non-Latin mode, etc.
The package also installs console fonts supporting many of the world's languages. It provides an unified set of font faces - the classic VGA, the simplistic Fixed, and the cleaned Terminus, TerminusBold and TerminusBoldVGA.
Other Packages Related to console-setup
- dep: debconf (>= 1.5.34)
- Debian configuration management system
- dep: keyboard-configuration (= 1.132)
- system-wide keyboard preferences
- dep: xkb-data (>= 0.9)
- X Keyboard Extension (XKB) configuration data