Package: pyp (2.12-2)
Links for pyp
Download Source Package pyp:
- Python Applications Packaging Team (QA Page, Mail Archive)
- Khalid El Fathi (QA Page)
- ChangZhuo Chen (陳昌倬) (QA Page)
- Homepage [code.google.com]
sed/awk-like tool with Python language
pyp, the Pyed Piper, is a command line tool for text manipulation. It is similar to awk and sed in functionality, but its subcommands are Python based, and thus more familiar to many programmers.
It can operate both on a per-line base and on the complete input stream. Different features can be pipelined in a single command by using the pipe character familiar from shell commands.
pyp backs up its input for reruns with modified commands, and can save commands as macros. On the downside, the rerun feature makes it unsuitable for continuous pipe operation.
Other Packages Related to pyp
- dep: python3
- interactive high-level object-oriented language (default python3 version)