Package: umview (0.8.2-1)
Links for umview
Download Source Package umview:
- Debian VSquare Team (QA Page, Mail Archive)
- Ludovico Gardenghi (QA Page)
- Guido Trotter (QA Page)
- Filippo Giunchedi (QA Page)
- Homepage [view-os.sourceforge.net]
View-OS in user space - Core and base modules
View-OS is a novel approach to the process/kernel interface. The semantics of each system call can be assigned process by process giving the user the right to decide which view of the system each process has to join. Each process can "see" a different file system structure, networking resources, processor, devices. Moreover some of the resources can be provided by the user him/herself, thus these resource can be private to the single process and are not known a priori by the system. Groups of processes can share the same view but this is just an optimization to share management methods.
For more information, see http://wiki.virtualsquare.org
UMView is a user-mode implementation of View-OS. Processes are run with a controlling daemon that captures all the system calls (at present using the ptrace() system call) and uses dynamically loadable modules to change their semantic.
This package contains the UMView controlling daemon and some modules, both for testing and for real use. Other modules are contained in separate packages because they depend on additional libraries.
Other Packages Related to umview
- dep: libumlib0 (= 0.8.2-1)
- View-OS in user space - Support library for modules
- rec: kernel-patch-viewos
- View-OS - Kernel patch for better UMView performances
- rec: libpurelibc1
- libc+syscalls to libc-only wrapper for libc functions