Package: sessioninstaller (0.20-1)
Links for sessioninstaller
Download Source Package sessioninstaller:
- Homepage [launchpad.net]
APT based installer using PackgeKit's session DBus API
Sessioninstaller allows applications to easily install additional software (e.g. extensions or GSreamer codecs), uninstall files and perform simple software status queries by implementing the distribution neutral D-Bus session interface of PackageKit.
The whole process including confirmation, error reporting and progress and notification is handled by sessioninstaller.
The reference implementation of the D-Bus interface can be found in gnome-packagekit. It was also adpoted by KPackageKit.
In contrast to gnome-packagekit and KPackageKit it doesn't use the PackageKit daemon for querying and installation, but instead makes use of APT and aptdaemon (alternatively synaptic can be used).
Other Packages Related to sessioninstaller
- dep: aptdaemon (>= 0.30)
- transaction based package management service
- dep: python (>= 2.5)
- interactive high-level object-oriented language (default version)
- dep: python-aptdaemon-gtk (>= 0.30)
- Transitional dummy package
- dep: python-gst0.10
- generic media-playing framework (Python bindings)
- dep: python-support (>= 0.90.0)
- automated rebuilding support for Python modules