Package: pyformex (0.8.6-4)
Links for pyformex
Download Source Package pyformex:
- Homepage [pyformex.org]
program to create 3D geometry from Python scripts.
pyFormex can be used to generate, transform and manipulate large geometrical models of 3D structures by sequences of mathematical operations. Unlike traditional CAD systems, pyFormex provides a powerful (Python based) scripting language as the basic user input, making it very well suited for automated and repeated (parametric) design procedures. It provides a wide range of operations on meshes, like STL type triangulated surfaces and FEA or CFD grids. Nurbs curves and surfaces are under development. pyFormex is often used to create models from medical scan images, or as a pre- and post-processor for Finite Element analysis programs. But it could just as well be used to just create some nice 3D renderings.
This package contains the architecture independent parts: the Python source (including GUI and examples), some data files and the full documentation. It does not contain:
- the compiled acceleration libraries (install pyformex-lib), - the (non-essential) extra programs and modules (see the pyformex/extra directory for instructions.)Installing pyformex-lib is highly recommended for use with large models.
Other Packages Related to pyformex
- dep: libglu1-mesa
- Mesa OpenGL utility library (GLU)
- dep: libjs-jquery
- dep: libjs-underscore
- dep: python (<< 2.8)
- interactive high-level object-oriented language (default version)
- dep: python (>= 2.6.6-7~)
- dep: python-numpy (>= 1.0)
- Numerical Python adds a fast array facility to the Python language
- dep: python-opengl
- Python bindings to OpenGL (Python 2)
- dep: python-qt4-gl
- Python bindings for Qt4's OpenGL module
- rec: admesh
- Tool for processing triangulated solid meshes. Binary
- rec: libgl2ps0
- Lib providing high quality vector output for OpenGL application
- rec: libgts-bin
- utility binaries for libgts
- rec: pyformex-lib
- program to create 3D geometry from Python scripts.
- sug: units
- converts between different systems of units