Package: libxml-sax-perl (1.00+dfsg-1)
Links for libxml-sax-perl
Download Source Package libxml-sax-perl:
- Debian Perl Group (QA Page, Mail Archive)
- Niko Tyni (QA Page)
- Ansgar Burchardt (QA Page)
- Florian Schlichting (QA Page)
- Homepage [metacpan.org]
Perl module for using and building Perl SAX2 XML processors
XML::SAX consists of several framework classes for using and building Perl SAX2 XML parsers, filters, and drivers. It is designed around the need to be able to "plug in" different SAX parsers to an application without requiring programmer intervention. Those of you familiar with the DBI will be right at home. Some of the designs come from the Java JAXP specification (SAX part), only without the javaness.
The package also contains a SAX parser, XML::SAX::PurePerl, but it is considered too slow for serious use and is only provided as a fallback parser. It is recommend XML::SAX::Expat (provided in libxml-sax-expat-perl) instead.
The framework includes a Debian-specific script (called update-perl-sax-parsers) to manage the ParserDetails.ini file. This script is intended to be used in postinst and prerm package scripts to (de)register parsers. See README.Debian for more info.
Other Packages Related to libxml-sax-perl
- dep: libxml-namespacesupport-perl
- Perl module for supporting simple generic namespaces
- dep: libxml-sax-base-perl
- base class for SAX drivers and filters
- dep: perl
- Larry Wall's Practical Extraction and Report Language
- dep: ucf
- Update Configuration File(s): preserve user changes to config files