Package: ocropus (0.2-1) [debports]
Links for ocropus
- Homepage [code.google.com]
document analysis and OCR system
OCRopus(tm) is a state-of-the-art document analysis and Optical Character Recognition (OCR) system, featuring pluggable layout analysis, pluggable character recognition, statistical natural language modeling, and multi-lingual capabilities.
The OCRopus engine is based on two research projects: a high-performance handwriting recognizer developed in the mid-90's and deployed by the US Census bureau, and novel high-performance layout analysis methods.
OCRopus development is sponsored by Google and is initially intended for high-throughput, high-volume document conversion efforts. We expect that it will also be an excellent OCR system for many other applications.
Other Packages Related to ocropus
- dep: libedit2 (>= 2.5.cvs.20010821-1)
- BSD editline and history libraries
- dep: libgcc2 (>= 4.2.1)
- GCC support library
- dep: libpng12-0 (>= 1.2.13-4)
- PNG library - runtime
- dep: libstdc++6 (>= 4.2.1)
- GNU Standard C++ Library v3
- dep: libtiff4
- Tag Image File Format (TIFF) library (old version)
- dep: ocropus-data (= 0.2-1)
- Package not available
- dep: tesseract-ocr (>= 2.03-2)
- Command line OCR tool