Package: openbve (184.108.40.206-3)
Links for openbve
Download Source Package openbve:
- Homepage [trainsimframework.org]
realistic 3D train/railway simulator (main program)
OpenBVE is a railway train-driving simulator with an emphasis on in-cab driving, realistic physics, braking system and train safety system modelling.
Technically, the simulator handles detailed per-car simulation of the brake systems, friction, air resistance, toppling and more. In trains supplied with 3D cabs, the driving experience is augmented with forces that shake the driver's simulated body upon acceleration and braking, as well as through curves.
Compared to other rail-based simulators, OpenBVE has its main focus on realism---not necessarily on user-friendliness. There may be a need to study operational manuals for the routes and trains chosen, rather than merely memorising a few keystrokes.
The simulator is designed to be backwards-compatible with existing 'BVE Trainsim' routes and cab interiors, allowing a wide range of existing scenarios to be loaded by a single-program (BVE1, BVE2, BVE4 and extended OpenBVE route formats).
OpenBVE uses OpenGL for 3D graphics rendering, OpenAL for positional surround sound, and is written in the C# language. Note that binary train extension plugins are not currently supported on Linux/Unix, because these would require Win32 emulation.
Other Packages Related to openbve
- dep: libmono-corlib4.5-cil (>= 4.2.0)
- Mono core library (for CLI 4.5)
- dep: libmono-i18n4.0-all
- Mono I18N libraries metapackage (for CLI 4.0)
- dep: libmono-system-drawing4.0-cil (>= 3.0.6)
- Mono System.Drawing library (for CLI 4.0)
- dep: libmono-system-windows-forms4.0-cil (>= 1.0)
- Mono System.Windows.Forms Library (for CLI 4.0)
- dep: libmono-system4.0-cil (>= 4.2.0)
- Mono System libraries (for CLI 4.0)
- dep: libtaoframework-openal1.1-cil (<< 2.1.svn20090802)
- Tao CLI binding for OpenAL
- dep: libtaoframework-openal1.1-cil (>= 2.1.svn20090801)
- dep: libtaoframework-opengl3.0-cil (<< 2.1.svn20090802)
- Tao CLI binding for OpenGL and GLU
- dep: libtaoframework-opengl3.0-cil (>= 2.1.svn20090801)
- dep: libtaoframework-sdl1.2-cil (<< 2.1.svn20090802)
- Tao CLI binding for SDL
- dep: libtaoframework-sdl1.2-cil (>= 2.1.svn20090801)
- dep: mono-runtime (>= 3.0~)
- Mono runtime - default version
- dep: openbve-data (>= 220.127.116.11)
- realistic 3D train/railway simulator (GUI icons and data)
- rec: bve-route
- Package not available
- rec: bve-train
- Package not available