Package: upgrade-system (22.214.171.124)
Links for upgrade-system
Download Source Package upgrade-system:
- Homepage [q-funk.iki.fi]
command for upgrading and sanitizing a Debian system
Upgrade-system offers a convenient way to keep a Debian system up-to-date, yet free from accumulated cruft such as obsolete libraries.
It is particularly useful on systems that mix packages from different releases (stable/testing/unstable) and on desktop systems where packages are frequently installed or removed according to evolving user tastes.
By default, it is configured to purge all packages that are not listed as another package's dependency. Less drastic settings are possible by editing /etc/upgrade-system.conf(5).
Other Packages Related to upgrade-system
- dep: apt (>= 0.7.0)
- commandline package manager
- dep: deborphan (>= 1.7)
- program that can find unused packages, e.g. libraries
- rec: apt-show-versions
- lists available package versions with distribution
- rec: debsums
- tool for verification of installed package files against MD5 checksums
- sug: command-not-found
- Suggest installation of packages in interactive bash sessions