Package: puppet (3.8.5-2)
Links for puppet
Download Source Package puppet:
- Puppet Package Maintainers (QA Page, Mail Archive)
- Micah Anderson (QA Page)
- Andrew Pollock (QA Page)
- Nigel Kersten (QA Page)
- Stig Sandbeck Mathisen (QA Page)
- Apollon Oikonomopoulos (QA Page)
- Homepage [projects.puppetlabs.com]
configuration management system, agent
Puppet is a server automation tool. It is composed of a declarative language for expressing system configuration, a client and server for distributing it, and a library for realizing the configuration.
The primary design goal of Puppet is to have an expressive enough language backed by a powerful enough library that you can write your own server automation applications in just a few lines of code. Puppet’s deep extensibility and open source license lets you add functionality as needed and share your innovations with others.
This package contains "puppet" service and init script used to run the puppet agent, and depend on the "puppet-common" package which contains the software.
Other Packages Related to puppet
- dep: init-system-helpers (>= 1.18~)
- helper tools for all init systems
- dep: puppet-common (= 3.8.5-2)
- configuration management system