Package: puppet (3.5.1-1)
Links for puppet
Download Source Package puppet:
- Puppet Package Maintainers (QA Page, Mail Archive)
- Micah Anderson (QA Page)
- Andrew Pollock (QA Page)
- Nigel Kersten (QA Page)
- Stig Sandbeck Mathisen (QA Page)
- Homepage [projects.puppetlabs.com]
Centralized configuration management - agent startup and compatibility scripts
This package contains the startup script and compatbility scripts for the puppet agent, which is the process responsible for configuring the local node.
Puppet lets you centrally manage every important aspect of your system using a cross-platform specification language that manages all the separate elements normally aggregated in different files, like users, cron jobs, and hosts, along with obviously discrete elements like packages, services, and files.
Puppet's simple declarative specification language provides powerful classing abilities for drawing out the similarities between hosts while allowing them to be as specific as necessary, and it handles dependency and prerequisite relationships between objects clearly and explicitly.
Other Packages Related to puppet
- dep: init-system-helpers (>= 1.18~)
- helper tools for all init systems
- dep: puppet-common (= 3.5.1-1)
- Centralized configuration management