Package: backup-manager (0.7.10.1-2)
Links for backup-manager
Download Source Package backup-manager:
- Homepage [www.backup-manager.org]
command-line backup tool
This is a backup program, designed to help you make daily archives of your file system.
Written in bash and perl, it can make tar, tar.gz, tar.bz2, and zip archives and can be run in a parallel mode with different configuration files. Other archives are possible: MySQL or SVN dumps, incremental backups...
Archives are kept for a given number of days and the upload system can use FTP, SSH or RSYNC to transfer the generated archives to a list of remote hosts.
Automatically burning archives to removable media such as CD or DVD is also possible.
The configuration file is very simple and basic and gettext is used for internationalization.
Other Packages Related to backup-manager
- dep: perl
- Larry Wall's Practical Extraction and Report Language
- dep: ucf (>= 2.009)
- Update Configuration File(s): preserve user changes to config files
- sug: backup-manager-doc
- documentation package for Backup Manager
- sug: dar
- Disk ARchive: Backup directory tree and files
- sug: dvd+rw-tools
- DVD+-RW/R tools
- sug: genisoimage
- Creates ISO-9660 CD-ROM filesystem images
- sug: gettext-base
- GNU Internationalization utilities for the base system
- sug: libnet-amazon-s3-perl
- Amazon S3 Perl API - Simple Storage Service
- sug: openssh-client
- secure shell (SSH) client, for secure access to remote machines
- sug: wodim
- command line CD/DVD writing tool
- sug: zip
- Archiver for .zip files