Paket: dropwatch (1.5.1-2) [debports]
dropwatch için bağlantılar
- Ana Sayfa [github.com]
tool for detecting and diagnosing dropped network packets
Dropwatch is a utility to help developers and system administrators to diagnose problems in the Linux Networking stack, specifically their ability to diagnose where packets are getting dropped. Dropwatch aims to improve on the following shortcomings:
1) Consolidation, or lack thereof. Currently, to check the status of dropped packets in the kernel, one needs to check at least 3 places, and possibly more: The /proc/net/snmp file, the netstat utility, the tc utility, and ethtool. Dropwatch aims to consolidate several of those checks into one tool, making it easier for a sysadmin or developer to detect lost packets
2) Clarity of information. Dropped packets are not obvious. A sysadmin needs to be intimately familiar with each of the above tools to understand which events or statistics correlate to a dropped packet and which do not. While that is often self evident, it is also often not. Dropwatch aims to improve that clarity.
3) Ambiguity. Even when a dropped packet is detected, the causes for those dropped packets are not always clear. Does a UDPInError mean the application receive buffer was full, or does it mean its checksum was bad? Dropwatch attempts to disambiguate the causes for dropped packets.
4) Performance. Utilities can be written to aggregate the data in the various other utilities to solve some of these problems, but such solutions require periodic polling of several interfaces, which is far from optimal, especially when lost packets are rare. This solution improves on the performance aspect by implementing a kernel feature which allows asynchronous notification of dropped packets when they happen.
dropwatch ile İlgili Diğer Paketler
- dep: libbinutils (<< 2.33.2)
- GNU binary utilities (private shared library)
- dep: libbinutils (>= 2.33.1)
- dep: libnl-3-200 (>= 3.2.7)
- library for dealing with netlink sockets
- dep: libnl-genl-3-200 (>= 3.2.7)
- library for dealing with netlink sockets - generic netlink
- dep: libreadline8 (>= 6.0)
- GNU readline and history libraries, run-time libraries