Package: ruby-github-linguist (4.7.2-3)
Links for ruby-github-linguist
Download Source Package ruby-github-linguist:
- Debian Ruby Extras Maintainers (QA Page, Mail Archive)
- Timothée Girard (QA Page)
- Pirate Praveen (QA Page)
- Homepage [github.com]
detection and highlight of the programming language of source code
Language detection: ruby-github-linguist defines a list of all languages known to GitHub in a yaml file. In order for a file to be highlighted, a language and a lexer must be defined there.
Syntax Highlighting: The actual syntax highlighting is handled by the Pygments wrapper, ruby-pygments.rb. It also provides a Lexer abstraction that determines which highlighter should be used on a file.
Stats: The Language stats bar that you see on every repository is built by aggregating the languages of each file in that repository. The top language in the graph determines the project's primary language.
Ignore vendored files: Checking other code into your git repo is a common practice. But this often inflates your project's language stats and may even cause your project to be labeled as another language. ruby-github-linguist is able to identify some of these files and directories and exclude them.
Generated file detection: Not all plain text files are true source files. Generated files like minified js and compiled CoffeeScript can be detected and excluded from language stats. As an extra bonus, these files are suppressed in diffs.
Other Packages Related to ruby-github-linguist
- dep: ruby
- Interpreter of object-oriented scripting language Ruby (default version)
- or ruby-interpreter
- Package not available
- dep: ruby-charlock-holmes (>= 0.7.3~)
- Ruby character encoding detection library
- dep: ruby-escape-utils (>= 1.1.0~)
- Faster string escaping routines for your web apps
- dep: ruby-mime-types
- guess MIME type of files
- dep: ruby-rugged (>= 0.23~)
- Ruby binding to the libgit2 library