[ stretch ] [ stretch-updates ] [ stretch-backports ] [ stretch-backports-sloppy ] [ buster ] [ buster-updates ] [ buster-backports ] [ bullseye ] [ bullseye-updates ] [ bullseye-backports ] [ bookworm ] [ sid ] [ experimental ]
List of sections in "bookworm"
- Administration Utilities
- Utilities to administer system resources, manage user accounts, etc.
- Everything about Mono and the Common Language Infrastructure.
- Communication Programs
- Software to use your modem in the old fashioned style.
- Database Servers and Clients.
- debian-installer udeb packages
- Special packages for building customized debian-installer variants. Do not install them on a normal system!
- Debug packages
- Packages providing debugging information for executables and shared libraries.
- Development utilities, compilers, development environments, libraries, etc.
- FAQs, HOWTOs and other documents trying to explain everything related to Debian, and software needed to browse documentation (man, info, etc).
- Software to edit files. Programming environments.
- Software for learning and teaching.
- Electronics utilities.
- Embedded software
- Software suitable for use in embedded applications.
- Font packages.
- Programs to spend a nice time with after all this setting up.
- The GNOME desktop environment, a powerful, easy to use set of integrated applications.
- GNU R
- Everything about GNU R, a statistical computation and graphics system.
- The GNUstep environment.
- Go programming language, libraries, and development tools.
- Editors, viewers, converters... Everything to become an artist.
- Ham Radio
- Software for ham radio.
- Everything about Haskell.
- Web Servers
- Web servers and their modules.
- All kind of interpreters for interpreted languages. Macro processors.
- Machine readable introspection data for use by development tools.
- Everything about Java.
- The K Desktop Environment, a powerful, easy to use set of integrated applications.
- Operating System Kernels and related modules.
- Library development
- Libraries necessary for developers to write programs that use them.
- Libraries to make other programs work. They provide special features to developers.
- Everything about Lisp.
- Language packs
- Localization support for big software packages.
- Programs to route, read, and compose E-mail messages.
- Math software.
- Meta packages
- Packages that mainly provide dependencies on other packages.
- Miscellaneous utilities that didn't fit well anywhere else.
- Daemons and clients to connect your system to the world.
- Software to access Usenet, to set up news servers, etc.
- Everything about OCaml, an ML language implementation.
- Old Libraries
- Old versions of libraries, kept for backward compatibility with old applications.
- Other OS's and file systems
- Software to run programs compiled for other operating systems, and to use their filesystems.
- Everything about Perl, an interpreted scripting language.
- Everything about PHP.
- Everything about Python, an interpreted, interactive object oriented language.
- Everything about Ruby, an interpreted object oriented language.
- Rust programming language, library crates, and development tools
- Basic tools for scientific work
- Command shells. Friendly user interfaces for beginners.
- Utilities to deal with sound: mixers, players, recorders, CD players, etc.
- Packages that are used by 'tasksel', a simple interface for users who want to configure their system to perform a specific task.
- The famous typesetting software and related programs.
- Text Processing
- Utilities to format and print text documents.
- Utilities for file/disk manipulation, backup and archive tools, system monitoring, input systems, etc.
- Version Control Systems
- Version control systems and related utilities.
- Video viewers, editors, recording, streaming.
- Virtual packages
- Virtual packages.
- Web Software
- Web servers, browsers, proxies, download tools etc.
- X Window System software
- X servers, libraries, window managers, terminal emulators and many related applications.
- Xfce, a fast and lightweight Desktop Environment.
- Zope/Plone Framework
- Zope Application Server and Plone Content Managment System.