Package: nufw (2.4.3-2.2)
Links for nufw
Download Source Package nufw:
- Homepage [www.nufw.org]
The authenticating firewall [NFQUEUE daemon]
NuFW is an authenticating firewall based on netfilter's NFQUEUE target. It allows to write filtering rules based on user identity, in addition to classical network criteria. Unless other solutions, NuFW uses a strict security model and can apply different access rules to users connected on the same host, for example.
* Act as a traditional firewall * Add user identity to the list of parameters used to write firewall rules * Authenticate any connection or protocol * Perform accounting, routing and quality of service based on users * Filter packets with criteria such as application and OS * Log all traffic in SQL with username and application information * Be the key of a secure and simple Single Sign On system.
This package provides the daemon receiving packets through the NFQUEUE netfilter rule. Information about those packets are forwarded to the nuauth daemon, which decides if packets should be accepted or denied, sends back the information to Nufw that applies decisions.
Other Packages Related to nufw
- dep: debconf (>= 1.3.22)
- dep: libgcrypt11 (>= 1.4.5)
- LGPL Crypto library - runtime library
- dep: libnetfilter-queue1 (>= 0.0.15)
- Netfilter netlink-queue library
- dep: libnfnetlink0 (>= 1.0.0)
- Netfilter netlink library
- dep: libnussl1 (= 2.4.3-2.2)
- The authenticating firewall [SSL library]
- dep: openssl
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) binary and related cryptographic tools
- dep: ssl-cert
- simple debconf wrapper for OpenSSL
- dep: ucf
- Update Configuration File: preserve user changes to config files.