Package: bidentd (1.1.4-1.1)
Links for bidentd
Download Source Package bidentd:
- Homepage [bisqwit.iki.fi]
Bisqwit's identd for NAT proxying
This daemon provides an Identification Protocol (RFC 1413) daemon. It works like an ident daemon is supposed to work. Masquerading is supported, and works recursively. Works only under Linux, due to the use of /proc filesystem.
A typical case for using Bisqwit's identd:
- Alpha has the internet connection. It has an ip in internet. - Beta is masqueraded by Alpha. - Gamma is masqueraded by Beta. - Somebody in Gamma starts irc, and the irc server (in internet) gets the username of the user in Gamma, correctly.All of these computers would be running bidentd (from inetd), although Gamma could have any ident daemon, as it does not masquerade further.
Other Packages Related to bidentd
- dep: debconf
- dep: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1)
- GCC stödbibliotek
- dep: libstdc++6 (>= 4.1.1)
- GNU Standard C++ Library v3
- dep: netbase
- Grundläggande TCP/IP-nätverkssystem