Package: caspar (20120530-1)
Links for caspar
Download Source Package caspar:
- Homepage [mdcc.cx]
Makefile snippets for centralized configuration management and typesetting
Caspar offers Makefile snippets for tasks like installing files you maintain using a version control system, or typesetting documents in some markup language.
If you need to maintain and distribute lots of files (system configuration files for Unix hosts using a version control system, e.g.), caspar is likely useful for you. It is comparable with other tools for Unix system administrators like puppet and cfengine. Main difference: the caspar code consists of less than 100 lines of GNU Make, so if puppet and cfengine are overkill for your needs, you'll probably like the small and simple caspar tool.
If you write documents in a markup language like LaTeX, DocBook XML, DocBook SGML or POD, and want to automate the typesetting, you'll like caspar. Install all suggested packages if you'd like to use this typesetting functionality (or pick the suitable ones from the list of suggested packages).
It's not strictly necessary to know how to write Makefiles when using caspar.
Other Packages Related to caspar
- dep: make
- An utility for Directing compilation.
- sug: caspar-doc
- documentation for caspar
- sug: docbook-dsssl
- modular DocBook DSSSL stylesheets, for print and HTML
- sug: ghostscript
- interpreter for the PostScript language and for PDF
- sug: jade
- James Clark's DSSSL Engine
- sug: jadetex
- generator of printable output from SGML or XML using Jade
- sug: man-db
- direktvisare för manualsidor
- sug: perl
- Larry Walls "Practical Extraction and Report Language"
- sug: psutils
- PostScript document handling utilities
- sug: texlive-binaries
- Binaries for TeX Live
- sug: texlive-latex-base
- TeX Live: Basic LaTeX packages
- sug: w3m
- WWW browsable pager with excellent tables/frames support