Package: debnest (0.0.11)
Links for debnest
Download Source Package debnest:
Nested Build System of Debian Source Package
Debnest provides a build system to create debian binary packages such that original upstream sources include debian source packages, i.e. .dsc and other files such as .orig.tar.gz and diff.gz, or .tar.gz. In build-time, this system unpacks debian source packages by 'dpkg-source -x' and propagates policy-defined targets of debian/rules into the unpacked sources.
This allows you to:
* Manage your own files under debian/ such as debian/rules debian/control, debian/changelog and so on separately away from their original packages. * Create your own tuned packages with your own pre-defined DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS, CC in your debian/rules from their original packages without specifying any environment variables in each build-time. * Create your own tuned packages with patches to their original sources as well as to debian/* files, separating them completely away from their original source packages. * Make it possible to redistribute your modified debian package based on another debian source package which restricts source-code from being distributed in modified form _only_ by the distribution of "patch files" with the source code for the purpose of modifying the program at build time.
Other Packages Related to debnest
- dep: devscripts
- scripts to make the life of a Debian Package maintainer easier
- dep: dpkg-dev
- Debian package development tools
- dep: make
- An utility for Directing compilation.
- dep: wget
- retrieves files from the web
- rec: cdbs
- common build system for Debian packages