Paket: python-mpltoolkits.basemap (1.0.7+dfsg-4)
Länkar för python-mpltoolkits.basemap
Hämta källkodspaketet basemap:
- Hemsida [matplotlib.org]
matplotlib toolkit to plot on map projections
The matplotlib basemap toolkit is a library for plotting 2D data on maps in Python. It is similar in functionality to the matlab mapping toolbox, the IDL mapping facilities, GrADS, or the Generic Mapping Tools. PyNGL and CDAT are other libraries that provide similar capabilities in Python.
Basemap does not do any plotting on its own, but provides the facilities to transform coordinates to one of 23 different map projections (using the PROJ.4 C library). Matplotlib is then used to plot contours, images, vectors, lines or points in the transformed coordinates. Shoreline, river and political boundary datasets (from Generic Mapping Tools) are provided, along with methods for plotting them. The GEOS library is used internally to clip the coastline and political boundary features to the desired map projection region.
Basemap provides facilities for reading data in netCDF and Shapefile formats, as well as directly over http using OPeNDAP. This functionality is provided through the PyDAP client, and a Python interface to the Shapefile C library.
Basemap is geared toward the needs of earth scientists, particular oceanographers and meteorologists. The author originally wrote Basemap to help in his research (climate and weather forecasting), since at the time CDAT was the only other tool in Python for plotting data on map projections. Over the years, the capabilities of Basemap have evolved as scientists in other disciplines (such as biology, geology and geophysics) requested and contributed new features.
Andra paket besläktade med python-mpltoolkits.basemap
- dep: libgeos-c1v5 (>= 3.4.2)
- Geometry engine for Geographic Information Systems - C Library
- dep: python
- interactive high-level object-oriented language (default version)
- dep: python (<< 2.8)
- dep: python (>= 2.7~)
- dep: python-matplotlib
- Python based plotting system in a style similar to Matlab
- dep: python-mpltoolkits.basemap-data (>= 1.0.7+dfsg-4)
- matplotlib toolkit to plot on map projections (data package)
- dep: python-numpy (>= 1:1.10.0~b1)
- Numerical Python adds a fast array facility to the Python language
- rec: python-dap
- DAP (Data Access Protocol) client and server
- rec: python-imaging
- Python Imaging Library compatibility layer