Package: gnupg (1.4.10-4+squeeze4)
Links for gnupg
Download Source Package gnupg:
- Debian GnuPG-Maintainers (QA Page, Mail Archive)
- Sune Vuorela (QA Page)
- Daniel Leidert (dale) (QA Page)
- Thijs Kinkhorst (QA Page)
- Homepage [www.gnupg.org]
GNU privacy guard - a free PGP replacement
GnuPG is GNU's tool for secure communication and data storage. It can be used to encrypt data and to create digital signatures. It includes an advanced key management facility and is compliant with the proposed OpenPGP Internet standard as described in RFC2440.
GnuPG 1.4 is the standalone, non-modularized series. In contrast to the version 2 series, shipped with the gnupg2 package, it comes with no support for S/MIME and some other tools useful for desktop environments, but also with less dependencies.
The gnupg package is built without libcurl. So it does not support HKPS keyservers. Install the gnupg-curl package if you want to use the keyserver helper tools built with libcurl and supporting HKPS.
GnuPG does not use any patented algorithms. This means it cannot be compatible with PGP2, because that uses IDEA (which is patented in a number of countries).
Other Packages Related to gnupg
- dep: gpgv
- GNU privacy guard - signaturverifieringsverktyg
- dep: libbz2-1.0
- högkvalitativ blocksorterande filkomprimeringsbibliotek - körtid
- dep: libreadline6 (>= 6.0)
- GNUs readline- och history-bibliotek, körtidsbibliotek
- dep: libusb-0.1-4 (>= 2:0.1.12)
- USB-programmeringsbibliotek i användarrymden
- dep: zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4)
- Kompressionsbibliotek - körtidspaket
- rec: gnupg-curl
- GNU privacy guard - a free PGP replacement (cURL)
- rec: libldap-2.4-2 (>= 2.4.7)
- sug: gnupg-doc
- GNU Privacy Guard documentation
- sug: libpcsclite1
- Middleware to access a smart card using PC/SC (library)