Package: readahead-fedora (2:1.5.6-1)
Links for readahead-fedora
Download Source Package readahead-fedora:
- Homepage [fedorahosted.org]
Fedora's implementation of readahead to preload boot process files
"readahead" is the term used to refer to a tool that preloads files in this case used during the boot process to make the system boot faster.
This implementation of the tool provides the following features:
* It can take multiple lists of files to be preloaded, and sort them according to their position on the disk. * It preloads the inode tables on ext2-based file systems. * It opens the files without making the system update their access time, therefore avoiding extra disk writes. * It uses a lightweight monitoring daemon.
Other Packages Related to readahead-fedora
- dep: dpkg (>= 1.15.0)
- Debians pakethanteringssystem
- dep: e2fslibs (>= 1.41.0)
- ext2/ext3/ext4 file system libraries
- dep: libaudit0
- Dynamic library for security auditing
- dep: libblkid1 (>= 2.16)