Package: cewl (5.3-1)
Links for cewl
Download Source Package cewl:
- Homepage [github.com]
custom word list generator
CeWL (Custom Word List generator) is a ruby app which spiders a given URL, up to a specified depth, and returns a list of words which can then be used for password crackers such as John the Ripper. Optionally, CeWL can follow external links.
CeWL can also create a list of email addresses found in mailto links. These email addresses can be used as usernames in brute force actions.
Another tool provided by CeWL project is FAB (Files Already Bagged). FAB extracts the content of the author/creator fields, from metadata of the some files, to create lists of possible usernames. These usernames can be used in association with the password list generated by CeWL. FAB uses the same metadata extraction techniques that CeWL. Currently, FAB process Office pre 2007, Office 2007 and PDF formats.
CeWL is useful in security tests and forensics investigations. CeWL is pronounced "cool".
Other Packages Related to cewl
- dep: ruby
- Interpreter of object-oriented scripting language Ruby (default version)
- or ruby-interpreter
- Package not available
- dep: ruby-mime
- MIME library for Ruby
- dep: ruby-mime-types
- guess MIME type of files
- dep: ruby-mini-exiftool
- wrapper for exiftool command-line
- dep: ruby-net-http-digest-auth
- RFC 2617 Digest Access Authentication implementation
- dep: ruby-nokogiri
- HTML, XML, SAX, and Reader parser for Ruby
- dep: ruby-spider
- web spidering library for Ruby
- dep: ruby-zip
- Ruby module for reading and writing zip files
- sug: john
- active password cracking tool