Package: python-carrot (0.10.7-1.1)
Links for python-carrot
Download Source Package python-carrot:
- Homepage [pypi.python.org]
AMQP messaging queue framework
AMQP is the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol, an open standard protocol for message orientation, queuing, routing, reliability and security.
The aim of carrot is to make messaging in Python as easy as possible by providing a high-level interface for producing and consuming messages. At the same time it is a goal to re-use what is already available as much as possible.
carrot has pluggable messaging back-ends, so it is possible to support several messaging systems. Currently, there is support for AMQP (py-amqplib) and STOMP (python-stomp). There is also a in-memory backend for testing purposes that uses the Python queue module.
Other Packages Related to python-carrot
- dep: python
- interactive high-level object-oriented language (default version)
- dep: python-amqplib
- simple non-threaded Python AMQP client library
- dep: python-anyjson
- Common interface for the best available JSON implementation
- rec: python-stompy
- Implementation of the STOMP protocol in Python