Package: mat (0.6.1-4)
Links for mat
Download Source Package mat:
- Homepage [mat.boum.org]
Metadata anonymisation toolkit
Metadata consist of information that characterizes data. Metadata are used to provide documentation for data products. In essence, metadata answer who, what, when, where, why, and how about every facet of the data that are being documented.
Metadata within a file can tell a lot about you. Cameras record data about when a picture was taken and what camera was used. Office documents like PDF or Office automatically adds author and company information to documents and spreadsheets.
Maybe you don't want to disclose those information on the web.
MAT only removes metadata from your files, it does not anonymise their content, nor can it handle watermarking, steganography, or any too custom metadata field/system.
If you really want to be anonymous, use file formats that does not contain any metadata, or better: use plain-text.
Formats supported to some extent are:
- Portable Network Graphics (PNG) - JPEG (.jpeg, .jpg, ...) - Open Document (.odt, .odx, .ods, ...) - Office Openxml (.docx, .pptx, .xlsx, ...) - Portable Document Fileformat (.pdf) - Tape ARchive (.tar, .tar.bz2, .tar.gz) - ZIP (.zip) - MPEG Audio (.mp3, .mp2, .mp1, .mpa) - Ogg Vorbis (.ogg) - Free Lossless Audio Codec (.flac) - Torrent (.torrent)
Other Packages Related to mat
- dep: gir1.2-poppler-0.18
- GObject introspection data for poppler-glib
- dep: python
- interactive high-level object-oriented language (default version)
- dep: python-gi
- Python 2.x bindings for gobject-introspection libraries
- dep: python-mutagen
- audio metadata editing library
- dep: python-pdfrw
- PDF file manipulation library (Python 2)
- rec: gir1.2-gdkpixbuf-2.0
- GDK Pixbuf library - GObject-Introspection
- rec: gir1.2-glib-2.0
- Introspection data for GLib, GObject, Gio and GModule
- rec: gir1.2-gtk-3.0
- GTK+ graphical user interface library -- gir bindings
- rec: gir1.2-nautilus-3.0
- libraries for nautilus components - gir bindings
- rec: libimage-exiftool-perl
- library and program to read and write meta information in multimedia files
- rec: python-gi-cairo
- Python Cairo bindings for the GObject library
- rec: python-nautilus
- Python binding for Nautilus components