Package: logwatch (7.4.3+git20161207-2)
Links for logwatch
Download Source Package logwatch:
- Homepage [www.logwatch.org]
log analyser with nice output written in Perl
Logwatch is a modular log analyser that runs every night and mails you the results. It can also be run from command line.
The output is by service and you can limit the output to one particular service. The subscripts which are responsible for the output, mostly convert the raw log lines in structured format.
Logwatch generally ignores the time component in the output, that means, you will know that the reported event was logged in the requested range of time, but you will have to go to the raw log files to get the exact details.
Other Packages Related to logwatch
- dep: perl
- Larry Wall's Practical Extraction and Report Language
- rec: libdate-manip-perl
- module for manipulating dates
- rec: libsys-cpu-perl
- module for getting CPU information
- rec: libsys-meminfo-perl
- module to query the total free and used physical memory
- sug: fortune-mod
- provides fortune cookies on demand