Package: certbot (0.10.2-1)
Links for certbot
Download Source Package python-certbot:
- Debian Let's Encrypt (QA Page, Mail Archive)
- Harlan Lieberman-Berg (QA Page)
- Francois Marier (QA Page)
- Homepage [certbot.eff.org]
automatically configure HTTPS using Let's Encrypt
The objective of Certbot, Let's Encrypt, and the ACME (Automated Certificate Management Environment) protocol is to make it possible to set up an HTTPS server and have it automatically obtain a browser-trusted certificate, without any human intervention. This is accomplished by running a certificate management agent on the web server.
This agent is used to:
- Automatically prove to the Let's Encrypt CA that you control the website - Obtain a browser-trusted certificate and set it up on your web server - Keep track of when your certificate is going to expire, and renew it - Help you revoke the certificate if that ever becomes necessary.
This package contains the main application, including the standalone and the manual authenticators.
Other Packages Related to certbot
- dep: init-system-helpers (>= 1.18~)
- helper tools for all init systems
- dep: python
- interactive high-level object-oriented language (default version)
- dep: python-certbot (= 0.10.2-1)
- main library for certbot