Package: libhttp-async-perl (0.33-1)
Links for libhttp-async-perl
Download Source Package libhttp-async-perl:
- Debian Perl Group (QA Page, Mail Archive)
- Ernesto Hernández-Novich (USB) (QA Page)
- Florian Schlichting (QA Page)
- Daniel Lintott (QA Page)
- Homepage [metacpan.org]
module for parallel non-blocking processing of multiple HTTP requests
Although using the conventional LWP::UserAgent is fast and easy it does have some drawbacks - the code execution blocks until the request has been completed and it is only possible to process one request at a time. HTTP::Async attempts to address these limitations.
It gives you a 'Async' object that you can add requests to, and then get the requests off as they finish. The actual sending and receiving of the requests is abstracted. As soon as you add a request it is transmitted, if there are too many requests in progress at the moment they are queued. There is no concept of starting or stopping - it runs continuously.
Whilst it is waiting to receive data it returns control to the code that called it meaning that you can carry out processing whilst fetching data from the network. All without forking or threading - it is actually done using select lists.
Other Packages Related to libhttp-async-perl
- dep: liburi-perl
- module to manipulate and access URI strings
- dep: libwww-perl
- simple and consistent interface to the world-wide web
- dep: perl
- Larry Wall's Practical Extraction and Report Language
- sug: libnet-https-nb-perl
- low-level non-blocking HTTPS client