Package: hfsprogs (332.25-11)
Links for hfsprogs
Download Source Package hfsprogs:
- Homepage [www.opensource.apple.com]
mkfs and fsck for HFS and HFS+ file systems
The HFS+ file system used by Apple Computer for their Mac OS is supported by the Linux kernel. Apple provides mkfs and fsck for HFS+ with the Unix core of their operating system, Darwin.
This package is a port of Apple's tools for HFS+ filesystems.
For users, HFS+ seems to be a good compromise to carry files between MacOS X and Linux Machines, as HFS+ doesn't suffer the problems of FAT32 like:
* huge space waste (in slack space as devices grow faster); * ability to create files that are more than 4GB in size (especially good for those working with multimedia and that need to carry large ISO files); * ability to use case preserving (and even sensitivity!); * ability to use uid's and gid's on the filesystem.
Users in general can enjoy such benefits since it is expected to have more HFS+ filesystems in use, as Apple has announced Macintoshes for ix86-64, besides the filesystem being already supported by PowerPC systems since the beginning.
Other Packages Related to hfsprogs
- dep: libbsd0 (>= 0.0)
- utility functions from BSD systems - shared library
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.14) [amd64]
- GNU C Library: Shared libraries
also a virtual package provided by libc6-udeb
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.17) [arm64, ppc64el]
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.4) [not amd64, arm64, ppc64el]
- dep: libssl1.0.0 (>= 1.0.0)
- Secure Sockets Layer toolkit - shared libraries
|Architecture||Package Size||Installed Size||Files|
|amd64||115.4 kB||274.0 kB||[list of files]|
|arm64||105.5 kB||289.0 kB||[list of files]|
|armel||117.1 kB||323.0 kB||[list of files]|
|armhf||106.1 kB||247.0 kB||[list of files]|
|i386||115.9 kB||319.0 kB||[list of files]|
|mips||113.2 kB||343.0 kB||[list of files]|
|mipsel||117.8 kB||356.0 kB||[list of files]|
|powerpc||105.4 kB||296.0 kB||[list of files]|
|ppc64el||109.8 kB||289.0 kB||[list of files]|
|s390x||112.8 kB||325.0 kB||[list of files]|