Package: nvidia-kernel-dkms (340.96-1) [non-free]
Links for nvidia-kernel-dkms
Download Source Package nvidia-graphics-drivers:
- Debian NVIDIA Maintainers (QA Page, Mail Archive)
- Russ Allbery (QA Page)
- Andreas Beckmann (QA Page)
- Vincent Cheng (QA Page)
- Luca Boccassi (QA Page)
- Homepage [www.nvidia.com]
NVIDIA binary kernel module DKMS source
This package builds the NVIDIA Xorg binary kernel module needed by nvidia-driver, using DKMS. Provided that you have the kernel header packages installed, the kernel module will be built for your running kernel and automatically rebuilt for any new kernel headers that are installed.
The NVIDIA binary drivers provide optimized hardware acceleration of OpenGL applications via a direct-rendering X Server for graphics cards using NVIDIA chip sets. AGP, PCIe, SLI, TV-out and flat panel displays are also supported.
This version only supports GeForce 8xxx and higher of the Geforce GPUs plus corresponding Quadros and nforce. Look at the legacy packages for older cards.
See /usr/share/doc/nvidia-kernel-dkms/README.txt.gz for a complete list of supported GPUs and PCI IDs.
Building the kernel module has been tested up to Linux 4.3.
Other Packages Related to nvidia-kernel-dkms
- dep: nvidia-installer-cleanup
- cleanup after driver installation with the nvidia-installer
- dep: dkms (>= 126.96.36.199)
- Dynamic Kernel Module Support Framework
- dep: nvidia-kernel-common (>= 20110213)
- NVIDIA binary kernel module support files