Package: fonts-gfs-neohellenic (1.1-6)
Links for fonts-gfs-neohellenic
Download Source Package fonts-gfs-neohellenic:
- Debian Fonts Task Force (QA Page, Mail Archive)
- Nicolas Spalinger (QA Page)
- Faidon Liambotis (QA Page)
- Christian Perrier (QA Page)
- Homepage [www.greekfontsociety.gr]
modern Greek font family with matching Latin
Neohellenic is a Greek font family characterized by round, even pen strokes. It consists of several weights (normal, italic, bold, and bold italic) as well as a Latin version.
Former Greek types had harked back to classical models. In 1927, Victor Scholderer chose instead to revive one which had first appeared in a 1492 printing of Macrobius attributed to Joannes Rubeus. In 1993-4 the typeface was digitized by the Greek Font Society, with the addition of a new set of epigraphic symbols.