Package: salt-minion (2016.11.2+ds-1+deb9u1)
Links for salt-minion
Download Source Package salt:
- Debian Salt Team (QA Page, Mail Archive)
- Joe Healy (QA Page)
- Franklin G Mendoza (QA Page)
- Andriy Senkovych (QA Page)
- Benjamin Drung (QA Page)
- Wolodja Wentland (QA Page)
- Homepage [saltstack.org]
client package for salt, the distributed remote execution system
salt is a powerful remote execution manager that can be used to administer servers in a fast and efficient way.
It allows commands to be executed across large groups of servers. This means systems can be easily managed, but data can also be easily gathered. Quick introspection into running systems becomes a reality.
Remote execution is usually used to set up a certain state on a remote system. Salt addresses this problem as well, the salt state system uses salt state files to define the state a server needs to be in.
Between the remote execution system, and state management Salt addresses the backbone of cloud and data center management.
This particular package provides the worker / agent for salt.
Other Packages Related to salt-minion
- dep: bsdmainutils
- collection of more utilities from FreeBSD
- dep: dctrl-tools
- Command-line tools to process Debian package information
- dep: init-system-helpers (>= 1.18~)
- helper tools for all init systems
- dep: lsb-base (>= 3.0-6)
- Linux Standard Base init script functionality
- dep: python
- interactive high-level object-oriented language (default version)
- dep: python-crypto (>= 2.6)
- cryptographic algorithms and protocols for Python
- dep: python-msgpack
- Python implementation of MessagePack format
- dep: python-zmq (>= 13.1.0)
- Python bindings for 0MQ library
- dep: salt-common (= 2016.11.2+ds-1+deb9u1)
- shared libraries that salt requires for all packages
- sug: python-augeas
- Python bindings for Augeas